We have lots of people that contact us after booking their flights to arrange the ‘ground’ part of their trip – often it’s because they have seen an ‘amazing deal’ or booked as ‘there were only 2 seats left’, well at least that’s what they were told.
But, it should be noted…
– 95% of the time we can book the same flights for the same price or cheaper (we work with 95% of the world’s airlines, but are keen to avoid the 5% – mainly as they involve transfers in China or India which can cause transit issues)
– We have access to Tour Operator (IT) fares that you don’t – these are flights that are normally cheaper when booked in conjunction with accommodation, and do not require us to issue the tickets at the same time (so we can build together an itinerary)
However, cost aside these are the most important points:
– Booking cheap return flights to a ‘hub’ (i.e. Bangkok when you want to goto Koh Samui) can cause unnecessary costs & reduce your holiday time as you have to build in an unnecessary stopover. We will only put you on ‘connecting flights’ that ensure your baggage gets checked through, and you are protected in the event of delays. Otherwise you may end up with unwanted stopovers at the beginning and end of your holidays.
– We can recommend airlines that may fly into smaller airports, avoid stopovers, and reducing flying time at no additional cost (and often cheaper)
– If you book flight inclusive holidays you are automatically ATOL protected. That’s got to be a good thing right?
– We have vast airline knowledge – we’ve probably flown on your chosen airline, aircraft and route and can tell you why we don’t personally fly on 10 across 777-300’s!
The main exception tends to be ‘reward flight’ bookings using your airmiles. We can’t book those for you. But we do book them for ourselves, so at least let us recommend routings before you book to ensure you’re flying to the right airports! However, do note that long haul availability on Avios (the airmiles currency of British Airways) to South East Asia is very scarce – so do look to book almost a year in advance!