Travel Industry Propaganda & Blue Monday Myths
So Happy Blue Monday! Theoretically the most depressing day of the year for a variety of reasons, but you’ll know that as you’ve probably had a whole bunch of e-mails about it already.
There’s even a formula that has supposedly been created to work out that today is, indeed, the most depressing day of the year. But, to be honest, it’s been rather sunny out the window of our London office and we’re feeling positive, so we thought we’d dispel a few of these myths.
‘Blue Monday’ was apparently invented by Sky Travel as a marketing campaign in 2005, but it’s a load of codswallop isn’t it? Yes, it is.
It’s rubbish for many reasons, but in travel it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. As a result of people being told January is depressing, airlines and hotels rush out special offers in greater abundance in January and February than they will the rest of the year. That’s why you are getting so many holiday offers at the moments.
If you’re thinking of diving in and booking something, here is some general advice:
– If you are looking at something tailor-made, adventurous, or off the beaten track it’s unlikely you’ll benefit massively, so work towards getting something you’re 100% happy with, however long it takes. That chartered klotok in the heart of Kalimantan is definitely not currently offering ‘stay 3 nights, pay for only 2’.
– If you’re stuck to rigid school holidays you’re unlikely to benefit, especially from cheaper airfares – sorry! But this may help https://www.ethostravel.co.uk/2017/10/19/restricted-school-holidays-read/
– If you’ve a fixed date (your honeymoon for example!) you may well benefit, but we could suggest a couple of great options (be it hotel, resort or even country) to maximise what you could get from your budget.
If you’re one of the above, call us for a chat or e-mail us and we’ll give some honest advice about when the best time is to look at booking or at least start enquiring. We frequently tell our clients “there is no rush” when all the advertising they see is telling you to “panic, rush, book now….”. It’s often rubbish.
However, if you are completely flexible as to when and where you can travel, and just want an amazing deal, read on below where you’ll find some amazing deals that are genuinely ONLY available to book in January. There is limited availability, but these represent some of the best deals we have come across in recent years.
These WILL NOT exist after the end of the month (or, technically 2nd February).
The reason? All these prices include FULL BUSINESS CLASS FLIGHTS and LUXURY ACCOMMODATION.
The catch? Availability is limited. A minimum of 2 people can travel.
The perks? Flat beds, comfy lounges, Luxurious hotels with Ethos Travel 5* service and expertise.
We’ve included prices for travel in May and June as availability is better. But other dates are available and vary by destination.
Call us. E-mail us. Please don’t post us a letter.
Paradee Koh Samet: 7 nights including breakfast & transfers From £2,099 per person
TIP: Upgrade to Pool Villa for £239 p.p
Aleenta Hua Hin-Pranburi 7 nights including breakfast & transfers From £1,949 per person
TIP: Beachfront Pool Residence + £185 p.p
The Sarojin Khao Lak 7 nights including breakfast & transfers From £1,989 per person
TIP: Upgrade to a Pool Residence + £266
Rayavadee, Krabi 7 nights including breakfast & transfers from £2,499 per person
TIP: Add a stay in Bangkok to make the connection smooth (or you’ll have a bit of a wit, albeit in a business class lounge)
These incredible offers are only available until January 30th
But will sell out quicker – so give us a call on 020 7284 1888 to book now!*
If you prefer to e-mail – reach us on email@example.com
Large small print:
– Valid for travel in May, June with some offers valid in September-November
– Full Business Class on Lufthansa/Swiss Air/Brussels Airlines – a companion fare so at least 2 people must travel, and at least 60% of the total is payable as a deposit
– Breakfast, all taxes and transfers are included (road transfers are private, Rayavadee and Paradee speedboat transfers are scheduled, and may be shared)
– All trips can be extended, stopovers can be added, we are after all, tailor made experts!
*as long as now is Saturday 11:00-17:00, or Mon-Fri 09:00-19:00pm